Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rottweilers on ICE!

Inspired by Brittney Lee, I have decided to do my own papercraft work! It's really a pain in the ass, but I'm grateful for stores like flax that are diseased with colored and textured papers. It's going to make for a really wonderful winter project.

The head was probably the most complicated part, but now I have pieces that I can use as stencils for the real thing!

The body was also really fun to do, since it is fat and delightful. Rottie coloring also allows for the placement of heart shapes, which I think makes it especially endearing.

The feeties are going to be very fun as well, but very detailed and a HUGE pain in the ass.

The Millar Family has always had rottweilers as the breed of choice, so I wanted to do a tribute to them, and to my Grandpa Gordon, who began said tradition. His wonderful photography spurred my interest in this incredibly awesome (SUPER TIME CONSUMING) undertaking.

I will dedicate it to him, and Hilda, the first Rottweiler.

1 comment:

  1. I already imagine it being so super cute! Good yob on those details too, it's gonna be amazing.

    ReplyDelete