Thursday, February 6, 2014
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Monday, August 5, 2013
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce The Team 90 Project! This Zine Project is dedicated to the best cartoon heroines of our time! I’m looking to gather together a collection of works to publish in a beautiful, full color zine! This is the first OFFICIAL post, and so I will put some of the basic rules here!
1. This zine is for 90s Heroines. As such, they are to be the focus of artwork, comics, and articles. We don’t have to forget about our 90s boys, but this is all about girl power!
2. This zine is for those of us who grew up in the 90s. As such, the content can be for adults. Language, topics, and graphic imagery will still need to be reviewed before it is oked for publication, but I doubt we’ll have too many problems.
3. I need artists, and writers. I’m happy to team up with writers to illustrate for an article or interview, should you need me. If there is another artist who has signed on that you’d prefer, you’ll have to message them directly.
4. As for now, the deadline for submission is April of 2014. This will give us a year to network and compile in time for big Bay Area Conventions like Zinefest, and The Alternative Press Expo.
5. After some research, I have found that some of the shows I enjoy actually began in the late 80s. The animated Beetlejuice cartoon for example first aired in 1989. As such, I’ve reached the conclusion that shows that were prominent in the 90s, or had the majority of their run in the 90s is acceptable.
6. In order to be considered for this project, it is mandatory that you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will not accept any other forms of submission. Don’t be afraid. It’s more than likely that I will say yes.
That’s all I can think of for now kids! Good luck, and GO TEAM 90!
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Monday, November 12, 2012
Friday, October 19, 2012
Sunday, October 7, 2012
And then of course, the rest of those hacks I mentioned.
Friday, October 5, 2012
Specifically... The Concourse 635 8th Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Ruth and I will be at table 818 A, so come by and keep us from dying a slow, painful and torturous death. (We love walking around APE, and as tablers, we won't be able to as much. That's why. In case you didn't know. We should talk more.)