Sunday, February 6, 2011

PAPERCRAFT AGAIN? I know, shut up!

Well. Here I go again. Sadly, I neglected to do in progress photos, but hell, it turned out well, so I don't care.

I did this paper craft for my dear friend Amy, who's family has had Corgi's as long as I've known them. The dog I'm replicating here is little Rosie, the younger rascal!
I started the head in Vallejo, while I was hanging out with my mother, and used graphite to do some the the shading on the face.

I did my best to use marker and layer on what looks like floor boards under the doggy bed, and then added a Kong, which for those who do not know, is a pretty popular dog toy. It is stored in a Ribba Ikea frame, and I feel like it framed up nicely indeed! I will have to use these frames for more papercrafts in the future!

I would say all in all, the work took me about 7 hours. The head still takes alot of planning, and took about 3 all by itself. I am getting quicker, but when I am trying my best to use a reference, the planning tends to impede my process. Either way, I'm moving on to a bigger and better paper project, so wish me massive amounts of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment