Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Princesssssss.

Amy and I saw Tangled AGAIN today. This totals me at 3 times. MOMSAIDSHEWANTEDTOSEEITTOOSOTHATMIGHTHAVETOHAPPENTOO. EEEE!!!!! But anyway, it has inspired me to take this time while PL is down and pick one of my comics to redo. The Keanes *Both Claire and Glenn*, have provided amazing character design and storyboarding. Enough that it makes me want to refine my storytelling in panels. The Ass' Skin is easily one of the worst comics I've done. As a test to see if I could handle retelling my favorite Grimm fairy tale, it was a failure. I have an opportunity to do it again, better, and with the aid of the Cintiq. So fair I've begun reworking the princess, giving it more time and attention. This first panel is from the one that I have already done.

While I do love the facial expression of the princess, I see that I was lazy, and in a mad rush to complete it. I used paintbucket, and of the 4 panels on each page, only ONE was colored. I know...COME ON RACHIE.

Even just the sketching I did in photoshoppe today has more heart and depth, with only an hour of time. Properly planned, and completed entirely digital, I may be able to prepare myself for The Man in the Bear's Skin. When Nick Jr. was amazing, they had an animated MitBS. If you wanna watch.....!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2HOV1GnX2M

No comments:

Post a Comment