Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kith and Kin Character concepts and Page ONE!!

I've been drawing pretty hard lately, for a change! Usually the winter season doesn't allow for much of that, mostly because it's so damn cold in the apartment that my hands frost over.
Thankfully, that hasn't stopped me from producing work, and I owe alot of that to Disney's Tangled, which has provided me with mad inspiration and thoughts of strong success. This first set is a bunch of doots with Carlotta. Mostly expressions, and all drawn directly in brush pen. (Alix introduced me to this pen over a year ago, and I'm just now getting back into it hardcore.) The Wolf is Breena's character, who is nameless for the time being. He's a bit of a chickenshit but Lotta is setting him straight. "Get ready, because things will change." Oh sage cat woman.

This next set is a character concept sheet I did in like, H pencil, then markered and inked directly over it, which is my new process for coloring concept work, as long as my markers decide to hold out. Clay and Carlotta are making similar faces here. I enjoy his mustachio.

I may also have to make some more watercolor work for this story and ink it after it's dry like the marker work. It's turning out beautifully, like this tiny willow concept wash I did.

I didn't think they would scan well at all, but it seems I have been proven wrong. The scans are really fun and full of great texture. This pleases me greatly!
AND FINALLY, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, THE WORK FOR THE FIRST PAGE. This took alot longer to complete than originally thought, but honestly, it turned out really well, and I am very proud. Papercraft has taught me that hours put into something really pay off. I usually bust out work very quickly, so I'm super proud of the time I took here.

Good lord, I'm tired just looking at this steaming pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment