Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Maid and the Raven

Ok, so I'm taking it upon myself to write a children's story based on an experience that happened to me one day in between classes. I won't go into it now, but I will properly introduce...
Ms. Daffodil Down, and Prince Arrend Raaf.
I've decided to go with Dutch names and buildings because it's cute, and the girls in the story are all named after flowers. Raaf is also a really cool translation of the word "raven". When I researched Daffodils, I learned a little about their origins and related plants. I didn't know there was like, this massive Daffodil society in North America for instance. But the cutest thing ever is that they were once called "Daffydown Dillies", so obviously I now have a nickname for Daffodil that's better than just Daffy.
Anyway, there is more concept art to come, but I'm due for some much needed family/boyfriend time, so I'll try to get more up on friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment