Friday, March 16, 2012

Bringing up the past yet again....

Well, recently I took the two towers over to my boyfriend's place. (No LOTR pun there at all, they were just two computer towers that were busted by layman standards.) One of them had a CD titled "Saved Compy" on it. There is some pretty embarrassing old art on there. I even looked at some of it with Amy, who was there when alot of it was first made in high school, and I had to stop from the shame.

Well, I forgot to take it with me when I went back to the city, and when I saw him this week, the boyfriend informs me that he totally looked through it. FFFFFFFFFFF. There are like...old drawings of characters based on me...on HIM...stupid anime fangirl drawings...just all bad. ALL BAD. High School art student bullshit. I felt violated at first. Angry too, but I feel like that subsided quickly thanks to what he said. "I always liked your artwork." It got me thinking about my progress, and how artists never really seem to like the old stuff that they have done. That isn't completely true for me. Hell, there are a lot of ideas that are still alive in my work today. This little invasion inspired me to start working on One Child character designs again. (One Child is an old comic idea I had way back when. It's one of the ones that Ru always wanted me to really work on. Another reason why it had meant alot to me.)

So I have begun the process of reestablishing my designs again, in hopes to actually get some panels planned out while trying to color more pages of Jebediah, my comic with Amy.

Anyway, I give you doots of background work and character designs for Clea Veria and Izla Lagu.

Clea will be wife of Nied Veria, who acts as guardian of the Sacred Sun Temple.

Izla Lagu is the priestess to the Keep of Ice Lords. Not a position that she took willingly, and is trying desperately to regain her humanity.

The story has changed, but it looks like I'm going to be able to start storyboarding any time now. So thank you, Chris. For embarrassing the HELL out of me, and inspiring me too I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment