Friday, June 17, 2011

A month of blog fodder...

is SO not going to be easy or fun. Amy and I have decided to really push ourselves artistically, and have something to post in the blog every day. I'm going to use commission style works for this post!

A little while ago, I drew a bunch of little drawings for the Customer Servants blog background. It was really cute, and I thought it would be cool to make a bunch another set of tiny drawings. This time, it would be something a little more organic.

I showed my mother, and of course, she wanted me to do bigger ones for our dining room area. Ok, fine. I'm not like...against drawing adorable fruit, and I got to work in watercolor, which I need more practice with anyway, especially mixing colors, and blending. I may *GASP* read a chapter in a book about it. I hear that people really can LEARN from those things. Anyway, it was a really fun little side project, and I finally had use for those 3x5 watercolor postcards.


The frames are definitely my favorite part. Since my mom has a bunch of kitchy Mexican crap, like a creepy Diego Rivera print, I was thrilled to find frames that looked very missiony. Nice hinges attached with teeny rivets really work with it.

The last thing is "PROFOLIO FODDER", really. I had to do a charicature of my boss, and...I did a pretty good job! I had alot of fun making his itty bitty little body. It was TOTES my favorite part.


And that has been what I've been up to in the past few days. The rest of this month will be about art made same day...HOPEFULLY, but at the very least, it will be a cataloged progression of works.

No comments:

Post a Comment