Monday, September 13, 2010

Paperlinks fun time!

Well, alot of really fun things have been happening in the past few weeks. I was able to hit up Zinefest and see my friends I know there, and make some new ones! Thanks to Stephanie, I get invites to really cool local soirees filled with creativity and hilarious times! The whole thing is ever so inspiring, and makes me wanna come home and art HARD. The Cintiq has opened new doors for me comic wise, and I'm very excited about the kind of work I'm able to produce with such a wonderful tool!

This is for the stand alone story I'm working on for this month's paperlinks. Before, a page like this would have taken me probably 6 hours to complete. I took only 3. As I get better, I'm sure I will get faster. I really want to create an almost storybook like feel, but with adult characters and themes. Hopefully my studies of Mary Blaire's work will help me get a feel for simplistic beauty. I may have to find some brushes for Photoshop that will really give me that gouache look!

No comments:

Post a Comment