Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cleric nerds.

It is really unfortunate that my boyfriend has introduced me to some almost offensively nerdy reading material. The Nodwick Chronicles are what I speak of. An interesting little comic about a Wizard, Cleric, Fighter, and little henchman that get into all sorts of hilarious trouble. I reminds me of the cartoons of my youth. Anyway.
Let's start with my biggest beef with the whole thing. Comics and cartoons? Not real life. Every now and then I understand the need for a ridiculously uninteresting cast of characters, but I expect all females to be badass. Or hot. Or both!

Not to mention that, as a woman who wears glasses, I don't think any character that does should look like an insect while wearing them. In the case of The Wild Thornberrys or One Piece, continuity of style is very important, and I totally get that. But my god, Piffany's glasses make her look like a total doofus.

Admittedly, I really like characters that seem homely until they remove their glasses. I had a lot of fun imagining Piffany this way. (Yes it is heavily Disney influenced, ok, shut up.)

But hey, that's just an observation. I really enjoy it, and hell, I had fun drawing her, and Elastica...some random chick from the first volume.


That is all for now! Lots of fanart. Soon I'll be posting some progress on Jebediah, the comic I'm working on with Amykins!

No comments:

Post a Comment