Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Impressionists at the Legion of Honor!

The City of Light exhibit for the Legion of Honor was breathtaking! Six dollars to get in as a student is CRAZY good! Not only that, but if you get a membership like my best friend did, you can get into both the Legion and De Young museums WITH a guest! SUCH A DEAL!
As far as the exhibit itself, If you've EVER EVER EVER DONE printmaking, it's just an incredible thing to see! There were so many wonderful prints, include Lautrec and MUCHA. It was such a pleasant suprise to see so many beautiful works! It made me feel like a real smarty pants walking through the exhibits and explaining to my mom how they did things, and some of the patrons as well!
Maybe I really should look into working for the museums. UGN...THAT will mean alot of Art History on Eras I don't really give a shit about, but it will be worth it for the ones that matter to me. All I know is, I made sure to add some artbooks to my amazon wishlists, haha! But, It's hard to really express my feelings on the exhibit in words, so this comic should give you an idea of how it was for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment